Cardiac Rehabilitation E-learning Course
This online course will run on Saturday, 25th of April 2020 from 10am-4pm.
This course will:
- Explore the relationship between exercise capacity and cardiac disease
- Help you to develop skills regarding screening pre-exercise testing
- Develop your exercise testing portfolio
- Allow interpretation of exercise testing results
- Enable you to prescribe exercise to a level to optimise cardiovascular benefit
This course is aimed at professionals who are involved in the exercise training component of cardiac rehabilitation. It is a one day course (10am – 4pm), designed to enhance learning in this area through lectures, workshops and demonstration of practical sessions.
Karen Cradock, B. Physio, MSc, SMISCP
Karen has worked extensively in cardiac rehabilitation for over 20 years with experience working in the UK, New Zealand and Australia. She worked in St. Vincent’s University Hospital for 13 years before deciding to concentrate on her community work in Kildare and Dublin. She now lectures in UCD and RCSI in the undergraduate physiotherapy programme and is a tutor in the Physiotherapy Hub in UCD.
After completing her Masters in 2006 in heart failure and exercise, Karen continued to explore ways of improving exercise prescription to enhance cardiovascular benefit. She was awarded specialist member of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists in 2015 in recognition of her work nationally in cardiac rehabilitation.